Ideal for protecting a cracked tooth or covering up discoloration, crowns at your Nashville dentist can be a great solution for improving your smile. A crown is a tooth shaped cap that fits over a problem tooth to improve strength, size and appearance.
The crown procedure is simple:
- First we will anesthetize the area. Once completely numb, the tooth is filed down so that the crown fits appropriately.
- Then, we will take an impression of the tooth to use in the construction of the crown. The impressions are sent away to a dental laboratory to create your crown. Meanwhile, we apply a sturdy temporary crown over the problem tooth while your permanent crown is manufactured.
- Once your permanent crown is ready, you will come back to Harpeth Dental Care and the crown will be applied. Now you have a bright, healthy-looking new tooth!
Crown placement can offer several benefits:
- Long term durability
- Protection from further decay, infection and cracking
- Improved chewing and talking
- An improved, natural and healthier smile
Don't wait another day, call Harpeth Dental Care at (615) 673-6700 to learn more about crowns, and how we can help you have the smile you deserve!